Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Aug 3, 2001  12:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Need advice on unpaid gigs...

I usually say that my day job is my job. Singing is my CAREER.

Still got that nasty summer cold. My attempts to train my cat to fetch pho
from the local Vietnamese restaurant have met with complete failure.
Watching Jeannette MacDonald on TCM last night made me depressed, instead of
happy. Gosh, I could use a gig about now. Of any sort....

[I'm going for an introductory class on voice-over work on Saturday. Here's
hoping!]

On the Dear Abby/funeral discussion, I wanted to share: At the lunch
following my grandmother's funeral, I overheard my mother telling the priest
who had conducted the service to please let her know if the church had
incurred any expenses, as Grandmother's will specified that these were to be
paid from her estate. Maybe a bit of pre-planning would save wear and tear
on the musicians and clergy!

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast. Songbirds always eat.
(If their song is sweet to hear.)" --Lorenz Hart, "The Boys from Syracuse"