Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Tue Jul 31, 2001  5:51 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Funerals

Absolutely (or should that be "Amen" in this case?)!

I don't remember who it was that posted earlier about how people presume
that if you're a musician in a church you shouldn't have to be paid, but
that's a mind-set I've run into quite a bit. It's so annoying!
Interestingly though, I've found that attitude to be a little less prevalent
in Southern California than in other areas I've lived. Perhaps it's th
inate money-hungry sense we tend to have here? lol!

Anyway, I wish we could find a way for people to understand that musicians
deserve every bit as much consideration as the professions listed below. Or
if not, then give me that car and apartment, da***t!!

Laura

DealDivas.com - Harmonizing Culture & Price
http://www.dealdivas.com