Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  4:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Question RE auditioning for G&S

I disagree with the assumption that you can't sing
from a musical if you are going in for that show. I
think though, that if you are going it with a certain
character in mind and you are singing that material,
you have to be pretty darn good. You're saying "Here
I am. I'm your wo/man for the part." If you aren't
prepared to be that character at the moment, I would
say that singing something of similar style and
sensibility is always a good choice, no matter what
the material.

Trevor

13005 Auditioning for Musicals (was: Auditioning for G& Karen Mercedes   Tue  7/3/2001   7 KB

emusic.com