Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Jun 13, 2001  3:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Summer gigs

My only planned summer gig will be a solo recital at the end of the
summer - no programme fixed so far, except I plan to do a set of my
favourite psalm settings to kick it off, probably followed by a set of
Handel opera arias (Cara sposa from RINALDO, Furibondo il spento from
PARTENOPE, Confusa si miri from RODELINDA, and Frondi tenere...Ombra mai
fu from SERSE), and likely a set of French arias (Carmen, Samson et
Dalila, Werther, La Damnation de Faust, Les Contes d'Hoffmann), and maybe
some musical theatre songs at the end.

More important are my two summer projects - one is to learn the role
of Nadezhda in Rimsky-Korsakov's BOYARINA VERA SHELOGA, which will be done
on a double bill with R-K's MOZART AND SALIERI in November - learn it
this summer so I can start coaching it in late August/September; the other
is to finish learning and start coaching Mahler's Kindertotenlieder for a
concert next spring which will include the Mahler and another soprano
(coincidentally the Vera Sheloga from the R-K) singing Strauss's Vier
Letzte Lieder (a nice, cheerful programme for Lent 2002). After the R-K, I
have to start learning La Principessa in SUOR ANGELICA for a production in
summer 2002. And I'm also hoping to be playing Nettie Fowler in CAROUSEL
this fall (auditions at the end of the summer with the company I did MAN
OF LA MANCHA and FORUM with). At least that's one role in which I'd
actually get to sing a memorable *tune*!

KM
NEIL SHICOFF, TENORE SUPREMO
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Own Website
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

+ I sing hymns with my spirit, +
+ but I also sing hymns with my mind. +
+ - 1 Corinthians 14:15 +

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
12633 Re[2]: [vocalist] Summer gigs Vicki Bryant   Wed  6/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com