Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jun 11, 2001  7:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] David Daniels ROH debut - and a 12-year-old opera singer.

I seem to remember Beverly Sills telling of her child-star days, appearing
on the radio with a *handsome* older boy in a sailor suit, blessed with a
beautiful treble voice, who grew up to be Robert Merrill.

Liz

>From: Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
>From: Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
>
>Trebles who went on to become famous singers... I know
>there have been threads on this at rec.music.opera, so
>maybe a google search would turn up some names
>(although Karen has a better memory than I).
>
>I think it was mentioned once that one of the
>(original?) understudies for the treble role of Miles
>in Britten's Turn of the Screw was... Michael
>Crawford.
>
>Isabelle B.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt