Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed May 23, 2001  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 692

Laura Sharp wrote:

> Thanks Dean and Sheila:
>
> The bagpipes always play Amazing Grace as they recess. It must be the only
> one they can think of too! So that's out for me.

> PS: Dean, the arrangement is lovely!

Thanks. Okay, you want Scottish songs & hymns? Link to this-
http://www.contemplator.com/folkfrms.html You also might look here-
http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/scottish.html

We get most of our material here for our Celtic concerts that Emily does. In
fact she's doing a Scottish/Celtic performance at the S. NH Celtic Music
Festival on June 2nd. And the Prime Minister of Canada has asked her (a US born
10 year old) to represent Canada by singing their National Anthem (which is God
centered, by the way) at the opening ceremonies in front of 9,000 people. Wow!
What a high she's going to have.

One more thought. In the Scottish film, "Chariots Of Fire" there is a hymn sung
there called "Jeruselem" which is beautiful. I have sung it in a Scottish
service. If you want a copy I can fax or email one to you to look at. A link
to hear a 30 second part of this Hymn is at
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/perki/records/chariots/chariots.html Click on Jeruselem
on the page. The hymn is absolutely gorgeous.

For those of you who think this was a British film, "Chariots of Fire scenes are
filmed in Scotland at the Sma Glen near Perth, St Andrews and Edinburgh. ... ."

Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
"If you must be wrong,