Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  2:22 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Voice Lessons over the summer

Axwell@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 4/28/2001 10:33:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> susanna_co@j... writes:
>
> << There are other considerations behind this than just the student's
> voice
> or the teacher's ego (as, is the student current on their payments to
> the
> last teacher?). >>
>

> Why is that any of your business ?

There are so many invasions of privacy and methods of judging,
discriminating against and excluding people now in our society,
including credit reports, check writers credit reports, tracking of
medical records, lack of privacy on the internet, etc. I don't need a
NATS report, too! I would hate to think that yet another person wanted
to poke into my private dealings, in order to decide whether to provide
me service. I dislike this sort of discriminatory attitude, and anybody
who checked up on me like that could forget about teaching me voice
lessons. Voice lessons are a service, one of many that I have the
prerogative of purchasing, provided on a contractual basis and any
disputes over payment should be settled between those two parties and
are nobody else's business. If I, as a voice teacher had not gotten
paid it would be solely up to me to find a way to settle the account.
Perhaps this student wasn't happy with the service I provided and this
was the way that he or she was expressing it. Or maybe she is just not
aware that there were monies owed and I needed them. Who knows, but it
is between the two parties. It should be a relationship based on trust.

End of rant.

Gina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11483 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer Jeffrey Snider   Mon  4/30/2001   2 KB

emusic.com