Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Apr 26, 2001  12:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a singing aussie truckie with a problem

In a message dated 4/25/2001 5:58:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
classicalsinger@e... writes:
classicalsinger@e... writes:

<< I was thinking this may be reflux. Don't truckies (or truckers) have a
whole series of problems from sitting in the truck for hours, from
hemorrhoids to back problems? If you are eating and sitting, perhaps
stomach acid is creeping up into the larynx and burning. Is the burning
related to when or what you eat? >>

i have acid reflux and am taking axid (prescription) for it. it is the
only thing, besides severe colds and flu that has ever bothered my singing.
that was the first thing that popped into my mind as the possible problem,
especially if you have been scoped and there appeared to be no problem.

mike

emusic.com