Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  11:32 am
Subject:  Re: Concerto Competition-- Suggestions, por favore?

Ravel's "Don Quichotte a Dulcinee" is JUST under 10 minutes. Enough
so you might be OK. Brilliantly orchestrated and only up to an F. ALL
baritones should know this anyway.

Another thought is either set of Copland's "Old American Songs". Also
brilliantly orchestrated, and a real "crowd pleaser."

Some of the Mozart concert arias for baritone might work. I like "Un
bacio di mano" and "Mentre ti lascio."

Here at UNT singers usually do arias, which I think is too bad
sometimes. The opportunity to do an orchestral song or cycle is one
not to be missed.

BTW, I do the Mahler "Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen" with the UNT
Symphony tomorrow night!

-JS

emusic.com