Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Mon Apr 23, 2001  4:27 am
Subject:  Re: Who are hautes contre/Hard vocal tone

> what do you make of Mark Padmore's voice? I heard him sing the
> Evangelist in Bach's St. John Passion last year and his voice sounded
> bit 'hard/metallic' at times and it seemed as if he was pushing a bit
> as well.

You have made me very curious. I have heard this term "hard" before. I
don't fully understand it. May I ask what you mean by "hard"? Others
on this list who use that term or can explain it? Can you describe this
in other words? How do you know a hard tone when you hear it? What do
you think would cause it? How is it corrected? Hmmmmm....

Very curious,
Gina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11328 Re: Who are hautes contre/Hard vocal tone Tako Oda   Mon  4/23/2001   2 KB

emusic.com