Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  8:06 pm
Subject:  [PED] the Cystolaryngial Reflex?

Dear Vocalistmates,

I have this problem which I'd like to share with the list to see
whether or not I am alone.

Being an asthmatic, I tend to try to keep myself very well hydrated,
but this has its usual urologic consequences. I find that the weight of my
voice is directly proportional to the weight of my (ahem...) bladder, even
to the point of lowering the upper passagio by a full tone. This can occur
even if I don't feel any sense of urgency. I can last for about 45 minutes
before my voice begins to be affected. However, if I try to press on for
much more than an hour, I begin to "squeeze" and this can lead to
hoarseness. Do others have this problem, or am I just weird?

GWendel, dT

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11371 Re: [PED] the Cystolaryngial Reflex? leskayc@a...   Tue  4/24/2001   2 KB

emusic.com