Vocalist.org archive

From:  "stjames" <stjames@l...>
"stjames" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Mon Apr 16, 2001  5:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chronic Coughing

Yes, it is only be studied for asthma. It may be used for other
> indications later on, but this product will probably be quite
> expensive as it is a biotechnology produced protein. It's not going
> to be anywhere near as cheap as the antihistamines that are presently
> on the market.
>
> Health insurers will only pay for the labeled indication.
>
> Alan

James here....

Correct, my doc said there was not way my HMO would pay for it unless I had
the Dx of Asthma. Of course they are happy to pump me full of prednisone,
which is cheap. Neither my doc nor I are real happy using cortisone very
often, though.

James

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11167 Re: Chronic Coughing agoldhammer@y...   Mon  4/16/2001   2 KB