Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Apr 2, 2001  6:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Green finch and linnet bird

Susi:

In "Sweeney Todd," the song is sung only by Joanna, the soprano ingenue
lead. It is available in other keys.

If you have a promising tenor on your hands, perhaps he could sing Anthony's
big number, "Joanna."

Liz
(Saw it on Broadway with Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury AND the 1993 Arden
Theater production in Philadelphia)

>From: Peter Louis van Dijk <plvdijk@i...>
>From: Peter Louis van Dijk <plvdijk@i...>
>

>Hi there.
>
>I saw Sweeny Todd a while back but cannot remember if more than one
>character (soprano) sings this song .I have it in the Musical Theatre
>Anthology for Soprano.
>
>It is prescribed for all voice types (from high soprano to bass) in a
>Trinity College Performers' Certificate exam. Does this song exist in
>different keys?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Regards
>
>Susi

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt