Vocalist.org archive

From:  "M.J. Ruhl" <mjruhl@s...>
"M.J. Ruhl" <mjruhl@s...>
Date:  Mon Mar 5, 2001  3:24 am
Subject:  Wash. D.C.: Voices of Light

A reminder! Tickets are going fast!

VOICES OF LIGHT

by

Richard Einhorn

will be presented by

The Fairfax Choral Society

Douglas Mears, Artistic Director

at

George Mason University Center for the Arts
Fairfax, Virginia

March 17, 2001, at 8:00 pm

with

The Anonymous 4

and soloists

Amanda Balestrieri
Barbara Hollinshead
Mark Bleeke
Francois Loup

The oratorio accompanies the film, THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC.

The oratorio was written as a musical interpretation of the events
unfolding in Carl Dreyer's 1928 silent film which portrays Joan's
six-month trial, and ends with her death at stake. The film is said by
many to be the greatest film ever made.

The libretto is a collection of ancient writings, assembled from female
medieval mystics including Joan, represented by Anonymous 4. Einhorn
composed Joan's role for Anonymous 4 because he did not know whether to
represent her by soprano or alto singers, and the ensemble is known for
blending both soprano and alto voices, sounding as one voice.

Front orchestra and front balcony: $28
Rear orchestra and rear balcony: $23

I will be pleased to assist you in purchasing tickets, or you may phone
703-642-0862 for reservations. We expect the concert to be sold
out--there may not be tickets at the door.

emusic.com