Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Mar 2, 2001  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Tchaikovski

Hello Bruna:

Tchaikovsky certainly DID compose other vocal works. In fact, I'm in
rehearsals for a production of his opera "Eugene Onegin." He also composed
some really lovely art songs. You should be able to find CDs that include
his songs and arias.

BTW, in most cases the original language is Russian.

Liz (pretending to work)

>From: Hild <hild@c...>
>From: Hild <hild@c...>
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [vocalist] Tchaikovski
>Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:13:53 +0900
>

>Hi guys! I have a question!!! I can't get that Tchaikovski's typical
>sound of my head, about a month ago my teacher passed me a piece of his
>called i don't know what danzen or tanzen, it's hard for me to remember
>cause i don't speak german(unhappily! i like to sing in german...) my
>question is about other tchaikovski vocal works, is there a cd??? or
>some cool songs u could indicate me :)))))
>Bruna(hoping her teacher to find tchaikovski again among her papers!
>lol)

Elizabeth Finkler
Rainyvale (formerly "Sunnyvale"), California
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"If you must be wrong, then be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van
Pelt