Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Fri Mar 2, 2001  5:36 pm
Subject:  MED ? - vocal cord damage

I'm hoping that one of our MD's can address a question.

A singer friend of ours recently came home from the hospital &, while she
was there, experienced some tests/treatments that required tubing to be
put down her throat. During the course of her stay she also caught some
sort of cold/sinus/bronchial type of infection. She's a soprano who
currently is speaking in bass range because of the infection but also has
not been able to sing since her tests/treatments. Is it possible that
some damage was done to her vocal cords &, if so, can you suggest
treatments, supplements or the such that might help heal them?

Thanks!
Pat

9925 Re: MED ? - vocal cord damage gwyee@r...   Sat  3/3/2001   3 KB
9926 Re: MED ? - vocal cord damage John Messmer, M.D.   Sat  3/3/2001   4 KB

emusic.com