Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Thu Mar 1, 2001  3:32 am
Subject:  [vocalist] off topic: LANA'S OK!

Amazing how many of us were affected by this surreal thing.
I was 99 miles west of Portland in Astoria - the Columbia turned
to a strange shade of "guck" (a cross between aqua & brown).
Our ash didn't fall until the winds changed a few days later.
Weeks later, when I was in Portland - more ash. The damnest looking
darkness & debris falling looking like off color snow, but us in short
sleeves. This earth is oddly beautiful, oddily strange.
Here's hoping all in Seattle returns to normal very soon.