Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 1, 2001  1:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] off topic: LANA'S OK!

In a message dated 2/28/2001 6:31:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
erniev@2... writes:

<< Were you in Portland when Mt. St. Helens blew? Talk about weird times!>>

ernie,

i was in spokane wa. when it blew. at 3:00 in the afternoon, there was
what looked like a storm cloud approaching. the emerg. broadcast sys. came
on and said "hey folks, see that storm cloud out to the south-west? that's
not a storm, that's a cloud of ash". a half hour later, it was completely
dark and we couldn't see the street light that was on in front of the house.
we had to wear surgical masks for about two weeks. it was like driving
around in a weird snowstorm.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9858 Re: off topic: LANA'S OK! Edna Huelsenbeck   Thu  3/1/2001   3 KB

emusic.com