Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Thu Mar 1, 2001  1:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 20th/21st Century art song ideas

Ernie, as a singer and a teacher I tend toward programming of cycles and
song groups. Here are a few of my favorites.

Mark Montgomery

Il canti della sera, Francesco Santoliquido

Unverganglichkeit, Erich Korngold
Der wandernde Musikant, Reinhard Schwarz-Schilling

Cinq Robaiyat, Jean Cras
Trois Ballades de Francois Villon, Claude Debussy
Quatre Melodies, Henri Dutilleux
Le Carnival, Jacques Leguerney
Chansons gaillardes, Francis Poulenc
Le travail du peintre, Francis Poulenc
Don Quichotte a Dulcinee, Maurice Ravel
Histoires naturelles, Maurice Ravel

From Kung Eriks Visor, Ture Rangstrom
Fem sanger av Bo Bergman, Wilhelm Stenhammar

Cinco Canciones Coloniales, Carlos Guastavino
Cinco Canciones Negras, Xavier Montsalvatge

Russia Cast Adrift, Georgii Sviridov

Earth and Air and Rain, Gerald Finzi
Let Us Garlands Bring, Gerald Finzi
Five Mystical Songs, Ralph Vaughan Williams
House of Life, Ralph Vaughan Williams

Despite and Still, Samuel Barber
Three Songs, op. 10, Samuel Barber
Recuerdo, John Musto