Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Tue Feb 27, 2001  6:24 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Titta Ruffo's Autobiography

Is the selection from L'Africana - All'erta Marinar found
in this CD collection? If not, you should listen to it at:

http://www.cantabile-subito.de/Baritones/Ruffo__Titta/ruffo__titta.html

This setting truly illustrates why listeners refer to his voice as
"leonine".
As for the autobiography - are you referring to "La Mia Parabola"?
If you do go to this site mentioned above - read his quote as to
why he never taught voice. Revealed, naked to the world & humble.
In total agreement with Taylor,
EV -
who enjoys listening to Andy Farkas on WFMT-98.7fm after the Met
matinees as he presents "From the Recording Horn" & you can too
on via audio stream! www.wfmt.com

ps: today is Enrico Caruso's 128th anniversary of birth & Mirella Freni's
66th birthday!