Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Thu Feb 22, 2001  11:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] jobs to earn enough $$ to let you "follow your bliss"

I'm sure you've all heard of the chat phenomenon --
"Chat Live with Britney Spears at 8 EST" and so forth.
Internet chats are conducted with the celebrity in
question on the phone. The person "pushing"
(selecting from the thousands of submitted questions)
the questions is on the phone, as is the typist for
the celebrity, as is the celebrity. The pusher asks a
question, the celebrity answers it, and the typist
madly types everything the celebrity says.

You have to type FAST. It pays about $100-$200 a pop,
which is about an hour or two. All the big internet
companies and some smaller ones host chats like this,
and they have a roster of typists they call on -- I
usually do after-hours jobs, since daytime jobs are
done by company employees. If you can type 100 wpm,
you might call the big portals and any other online
company that hosts internet chats to see if they are
looking for people.

Typing classes (also done in university) SUCKED,
big-time. But it's like my computer science classes
-- I invested in the skills so I could make the money
to do what I love. Programming isn't my favorite use
of time, but it lets me study and practice more than
my conservatory colleagues.

Isabelle B.

> can you tell me more about this chat typist job???
> i have never heard of it

> Me too.... I could use some extra $$$

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...
ibracamonte@y...

Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

emusic.com