Vocalist.org archive

From:  "james" <stjames@l...>
"james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Wed Feb 21, 2001  6:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the value of a music degree

At least for me I found it was far cheaper to go to school than to pay out
of pocket for teachers and coaches. A full tuition scholarship did help plus
a few grants along the way. Cost of living at school was cheaper than in
regular life. Being in school gave me access to free or cheap medical care;
this was a significant issue for me with allergies and some other chronic
issues.
Going to school meant I quickly met lots on musicians, especially pianists.
Access to pianos, practice rooms and stages was a plus. Being able to start
is opera workshop classes as a freshman was a plus and generally the
productions and scenes had better production values than those of the
community.

James

emusic.com