Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Tue Feb 20, 2001  5:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] off-topic: the death of 97.1 FM WNIB Chicago, IL USA

In a message dated 2/20/01 11:53:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
MFoxy9795@a... writes:
MFoxy9795@a... writes:

<< always used to listen to WQXR and WNCN, which i
think died a while back?? does 'qxr still do the temple on friday evenings?

Yes, we lost NCN a while back, alright!! The radio dial is such a wasteland
except for NPR, QXR and the several college and university stations and
sometimes WEVD and I'm not sure of the status of BAI right now.... You've
reminded me of something I used to catch quite frequently. I'll check on it
next Friday and let you know. It's Temple Emanuel, right? Where in New
Jersey are you from. I'd assumed permanent Bostonian status for some reason.

Doris Long Thurber

emusic.com