Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 19, 2001  5:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] was healthy belt is now college musical theater programs

In a message dated 2/19/01 11:19:20 AM Central Standard Time,
DCLARK@r... writes:

> Randy wrote:
>
> >it points out that
> pop/musical theater production is not well understood.
>
> I think you are 100% correct here, but please don't assume that there are
> not
> a lot of voice teachers who want very much to change that situation. The
> fact that our recent NATS workshop on belting had the largest attendance
> ever at a NATS workshop is a testimony to that fact. Let's try to avoid
> those gross generalizations that rarely serve us well.

We may be trying to change it, but as of right now I think what I described
about musical theater programs is pretty darn accurate and most of the
students that come out of them are not helped vocally, which is unfortunate.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9616 Re: was healthy belt is now college musical theat Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  2/20/2001   4 KB

emusic.com