Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Hanna Graeffe" <hanna.graeffe@h...>
"Hanna Graeffe" <hanna.graeffe@h...>
Date:  Sat Feb 17, 2001  8:17 am
Subject:  Vs: [vocalist] Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice

----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
Lähettäjä: "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>

> If you want to get a look at how well evolution worked back in the
"good old
> days," visit an old cemetary and count how many gravestones are for
a)
> infants or b) married women in their 20's and 30's. C-sections and
other
> medical interventions sometimes insure that the baby will HAVE a
mother.

Yes, isn't your last sentence what Tako stated at the beginning of his
message? Tako said, "There is certainly a place in the modern world
for C-section. It has saved many lives, mothers and children alike. If
a CS has helped a woman or baby, that's a reason to rejoice."

The gravestones do not necessarily represent the good old days, as
many practices re: childbirth were already screwed up. I recently read
a Finnish study about homebirths in Finland in the 19th century and in
the beginning of 20th century, and there was some pretty horrible
stuff that was done out of superstition etc.

Hanna G from Finland

emusic.com