Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Fri Feb 16, 2001  4:34 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] strangest singer ever

----Original Message-----

sopran@a...
sopran@a...
>writes:
>
><< I thought you meant Tiny Tim. Or possibly Johnny Ray. ;-) >>

Mike:
>no judy, they are amateurs compared to scott walker when it comes to
strange
>as their strangenesses are easily compartmentalized.

I'm at CD-Now taking in the 30 sec samples. Man, I don't think I can take
more
than that amount of timing with song titles such as:
Cowbells Shakin' (the angst of unemployment in an urban environ by an
'auslander')
The Lights of Cincinnati (probably the glare from Riverfront Stadium)
The Old Man's Back Again (Dedicated to the Neo-Stalinist Regime) OY!!
The Seventh Seal (remember SCTV's "Dr. Tongue's House of Horrors"? oooohhhh)
The World's Strongest Man (make that - the world's strangest man)
and many, many more....& if you order right now - you'll also receive...!!!
whoa, whoa, wait a minute! Got carried away there! Whew!!

I don't hear Prey in the voice...then again, I never heard Prey sing
pop-Deutsch tunes. Maybe I'll try later today.
I do hear is what possibly could have influenced Englebert Humperdinck.
But Walker sounds like he's on valium most of the time or is it the
arrangement?
OTOH, Humperdinck & Tom Jones (moreso) sang withmass quantities of
testoterone "en la voce" and performance.

Thanks, Mike for the heads up on "Scott Engel"!

EV

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9584 Re: strangest singer ever Ian Belsey   Sun  2/18/2001   2 KB

emusic.com