Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 16, 2001  3:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Belt examples

In a message dated 02/15/2001 11:25:06 PM Central Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< Good call Barry, and you can see the strain in Dion's production in
laryngeal
area and hear how splatty the vowels are compared to Streisand. I'll take
Streisand anyday, it's healthier.

Every time I've seen Celine Dion attempt to sing "My heart will go on" on an
awards show, she has always splatted on the E-flat -- she can't do it live,
she needs to mix it and she doesn't. Of course, it could be that slam to the
chest she insists on giving herself right before she sings it (which always
makes me yell "OW!").

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com