Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Thu Feb 15, 2001  7:33 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cadenzas and ritards

> << Probably more to do with ready cash a la
> Lloyd Webber!!! Hehehe! >>
>
> when i first heard sarah brightman singing 'time to say goodbye',
> wondered if it were andrew's checkbook she was saying goodbye to.

Hee heee... I would too. I guess she's got a pretty good one of her own
now... I was listening to the radio the other morning (an alternative
station) and they were making fun of one of the dee jays, playing some
moldy oldies and one thing led to another and before you knew it, they
were singing like "opera singers" including Andrea Bocelli and Sarah
Brightman, as well as Celine Dion/Pav. They did say that every time she
comes to our city she completely sells out the arena. That's better
than some big name artists do. That's a chunk of change... <sigh>

Gina

emusic.com