Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Wed Feb 14, 2001  6:26 pm
Subject:  WAS: What is healthy belt? Now: Horn tooting

>From: Barry Bounous <bounousb@i...>
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] WAS: What is healthy belt? Now: Horn
>Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 11:10 AM

>8. Stars and the moon
>9. I don't remember Christmas
>10. Am I still young
>11. I'd give it all for you
>12. The allure of Slence
>13. Other Pleasures
>14. All I ask of you
>15. I'm not afraid of anhthing
>16. Where in the world/How could I ever know
>17. Loving you
>
>No, neither of us belts on this album but it is a fun stylistic mix (and
>will probably give some of my voice faculty collegues heart-attacks
>since they mostly hear me singing opera. I should probably hide the
>fact that I grew up singing 1960's folk music in restaurants and
nightclubs...)

>Cheers everyone!
>
>--
>Dr. Barry Bounous

Nice to read other married couples performing in this manner!
My wife & I have been doing this format since 1987 & still
going strong! Tonight we sing at The North Shore Hotel
in Evanston. Last Sunday, we sang at The Glenview Public
Library's Sunday Series. Along with the standing "O" we were
surprised with a box of chocolates from a good woman who told us
not to leave the premises until she got from the store! What a hoot!

I like your selections - similar in ways to ours - we even have a medley
from THE BOYFRIEND that we've arranged & others. Hey, there's a niche
for us & it keeps us fit (except for the chocolates)! (-;

EV
who grew up singing to the Association, Beatles, Grass Roots &
listening to Leonard Warren & Titto Gobbi! And loved it!!!

emusic.com