Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Feb 14, 2001  12:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] To Dorisopran, Re:personal message

In a message dated 2/13/01 2:40:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sjdr9523@y... writes:
sjdr9523@y... writes:

<< otherwise in the future I ask
you to please refrain from sending harassing, threatening and abusive
messages to my personal e-mail address.

I neither harassed, threatened nor abused this person. You that know him
better, is he always given to such overstatement? Thinking my first message
didn't make it, I did accidentally send him two messages. Maybe that's what
spooked him. I had sensed a less than polite tone in his "request" for
clarification of something I had said. Then when he characterized some of
his own terminology as imprecise and added that he thought we would know what
he was talking about, I couldn't resist firing off a message to him to the
effect I also had thought I would be understood. I didn't think such a petty
argument belonged on the list for everyone to see.

If he was politely inquiring, I apologize. I just didn't take it right.

Doris Long Thurber
one of the New Jersey sopranos

emusic.com