Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Date:  Mon Feb 12, 2001  10:53 pm
Subject:  Musical Responses to Historic Events of the 20th Cent.

First of all, I am a member of a LOT of different
mailing lists, and this is going out to just about all
of them. Sorry if anyone gets this more than once.

The subject line (Musical Responses to Historical
Events of the Twentieth Century) is a research paper I
will be doing for my sophomore honors english class.

I already have a few songs, but I'm looking for some
help. I need the names of songs that were written
about specific historical events of the 1900's. If
you guys could e-mail me some names of songs/artists
that you know were specifically written about a
certain historical event (i.e., Wind of Change by the
Scorpions...was written about the fall of the Berlin
Wall in 1989). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Right now I just need the names of the songs, the
artists who wrote/recorded them, and the historical
event with which they correspond. Particularly with
this group, I'm looking for pieces more of a classical
nature. I have no doubt that I can find a gazillion
and five pop/rock songs that will help me out; I have
a feeling it will be the "classical" genre that will
give me some problems. So any help you guys can give
me will be doubly appreciated, :).

For anyone concerned, I'm not particularly asking
anyone to do my research for me. I will be doing
plenty of research on my own, but not until late
February/early March. I am simply asking for some
names of songs now so that I can get a jump start on
my research and have some starting points from which
to set out. :).

Thanks a bunch!

=====
Shanna Hollich - Shadow123@p...