Vocalist.org archive

From:  nicktenor@a...
nicktenor@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 12, 2001  8:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] REP: recital enders

...or, for something humorous and big show-offy, how about the "Prima Donna"
song (can't remember the proper title or composer - sorry)

It begins thus(ish):

"Mama is a Queen,
and Daddy is a King
and I am a Princess, and I know it...."

and the rousing chorus begins:

"I want to be a prima donna, donna, donna, donna"

Aha! It's called "Art Is Calling Me" I think - it came to me.

Oh hell, I dunno. I never pretended to be a soprano, but a favourite sop of
mine often ends with this one, and it always goes down a storm.

Or my other soprano friend, more a coloratura voice, often sings Adele's
Audition song from Act III of Die Fledermaus - another good show off.

Cheers,

Nicktenor

emusic.com