Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 12, 2001  6:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Teen belter with scary symptoms

In a message dated 2/12/2001 1:15:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:
buzzcen@a... writes:

<< Thanks for clarifying that, but that's not the impression left by the
original poster. >>

the original poster, in one post, spoke of involvement and retraction of
the false folds. to me, it is obvious they are opposite but, i have read
some of the estill factions literature. i have not seen any other
literature that addressed the false folds in such a way so, i think the
original poster may have not had that clearly explained.

one thing that baffles me about the estill approach is the cricoid tilt
used in her approach to belting. i am interested in just what that would do
mechanically (as opposed to whether or not it is a good idea).

mike

emusic.com