Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
"Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
Date:  Fri Feb 9, 2001  1:32 pm
Subject:  Using napster for accompaniments

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend any good vocal albums with cd accompaniment? i've got
the 24 italian arias with the cd, and mozart arias for tenor, and these have
been a god send.

You know, it's so good to be able to practise with cd accompaniment, without
the stress of getting an accompanist or playing the pieces myself (which
often ruins the flow and focus). I've copied the files (with an
audiograbber) into napster as mp3's, and i'm building up a database of
accompaniments, so i can just grab any piece, or even create a set list I
can access and modify when I want, and then sing,sing,sing, as if it were
for a real recital. My practise habits have gotten better since using this.

It's made things so easy.

Mirko (tenor)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9280 Re: Using napster for accompaniments Jennifer   Sat  2/10/2001   2 KB

emusic.com