Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Thu Feb 8, 2001  12:44 pm
Subject:  Looking for a good recording of Bach's St. John's Passion

Hi List,

I've been looking for a good recording of Bach's St. John's Passion for
the last couple of weeks but all I keep finding are crackling, old
recordings or choirs with just atrocious pronunciation of the German
text. Any suggestions for a good recording? I'm particularly
concerned with getting a good bass for the bass arias as I am working
on them for my teacher in an effort to develop my lower range a bit
more.

Thank you!
Ingo
Novice baritone on most days, but lately there have been some
relatively nice sounds coming out of my instrument

9183 Re: Looking for a good recording of Bach's St. Jo Pep en Elsje Van der Laan &   Thu  2/8/2001   3 KB
9193 Re: Looking for a good recording of Bach's St. Jo Karen Mercedes   Thu  2/8/2001   3 KB

emusic.com