Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Feb 8, 2001  10:31 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] weight AND SINGING

Isabelle I recognise your intention to narrow this discussion back to
singing but long before you appeared on the scene this was a
serious matter for all singers on Vocalist.

I can't imagine why you fail to see that any singer who can reclaim the
physical energy required to drag around an extra 20 or 30 pounds all
day, may not be considerably better disposed to his art, quite apart
from his otherwise compromised longevity.

Of _course_... there are people who feel passionately about this matter,
just as you display your passion for certain aspects of you convictions.
There is no person more piously disposed to be anti-alcohol than a
reformed drunk. The same with people like Mark or Gina who are
justifiably convinced that theirs is the only correct way. Opps!
I've no problem with that. Why have you?
We've only to look at the various methods of teaching and the not so
secretly held convictions of the proponents that theirs is the only way.
It's the people who need the advise who stand to gain from such
open discussion and God knows the singers of the world seem to be
more than proportionally represented.

Rant complete.........Reg.

emusic.com