Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Feb 8, 2001  2:32 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Weight Control

><< having gone
> from 108kg+ to 101kg this morning. I'm still a little confused about where
> this fat "goes"? It's not like the body to just dispense with energy that
> has been so diligently stored. (That's 15lbs.) >>
>
>reg,
>
> you may have noticed that you have been urinating more since being on
>the atkins diet. most of the weight lost on those diets in the first two
>weeks is actually water loss not fat loss.
>
>mike

I'm sure this is an important factor but I'm drinking in excess of 100ounces
of water a day as well as the odd cup of lemon tea, so naturally I'd expect
to urinate more often. I haven't missed a day of this and I am on vitamins.

I think it's important to note that on all previous weight loss attempts and
especially on physical exercise, my face was the first part to sag and show
signs of the activity. Not so with this. Only now does my face seem a bit
thinner but it's uniform. Fluid retention had been a slight problem before
this diet, but not now and where perspiration had an early onset before, it
is now considerably more mild. I understand and appreciate your concern.
Thanks a lot Mike.
Reg.

emusic.com