Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Feb 7, 2001  11:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] female morphology, weight etc

Judy ranted...

>The women who do not conform to the fashion industry's current "ideal"
>find
>that they are not able to find attractive clothing at any price. Many
>stores
>and boutiques do not carry women's clothing in anything above a size 12 or
>medium. Those that carry larger sizes (and I don't mean plus sizes, I mean
>14
>or 16 misses) stock a very limited number--and few if any of them will have
>anything resembling a waistline. The salespeople in many fashionable stores
>can also be downright cruel to customers who have the temerity to ask for
>an
>extra large size.

Hey, I'm a 14, and I don't have much trouble finding clothes. What trouble
I *do* have comes from my individual situation of having a big rib cage.
(Hey, the mighty mezzo has to come from SOMEWHERE.)

If the store doesn't carry attractive clothing in your size, or if the
salespeople are mean or rude, DON'T SHOP THERE. THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T NEED
YOUR MONEY.

And, I've only watched "Ally McBeal" once or twice, but I can't imagine why
a woman or girl with the brains God gave her would consider Calista
Flockhart an ideal. Her character has little going for her.

Me, I like Lt. Van Buren on "Law and Order." If you'll pardon the
expression, she's got tits.

Elizabeth Finkler
California: If it ain't one thing, it's another.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"