Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Wed Feb 7, 2001  11:38 pm
Subject:  Musical Valentine e-Cards

To celebrate St. Valentine's Day, we present the list "Top 10 Musical
Valentines", as selected by a poll conducted by La Scena Musicale
amongst our contributors and on the web. Visit
http://www.scena.org/lsm/sm6-5/valentin.html to see the list.

A Musical Valentine e-Card based on these selections is now available
on the La Scena Musicale website. Http://www.scena.org/icard/icard.asp
Thanks to EMI Classics and CBC Records, we are able to use the
following complete excerpts from their back catalogue. The e-Card has
a listen feature for each excerpt; a preview option of the entire
card will be up shortly.

Richard Wagner:Tristan und Isolde (Prélude)
Wilhelm Furtwängler, dir.
Philharmonia Orchestra
EMI Classics Import 56254M

Camille Saint-Saëns: Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix (Samson et Dalila)
Rita Gorr, mezzo-soprano
Jon Vickers, tenor
Georges Prêtre, dir.
Orchestre du Théatre de l'Opéra de Paris
EMI Classics Import 47895M

Richard Strauss: Morgen, Op. 27, no. 4
Jussi Björling, tenor
Harry Ebert, piano
EMI Classics Import 64707M

Henri Duparc: L'invitation au voyage
Gérard Souzay, baritone / baryton
Dalton Baldwin, piano
EMI Classics Import 65161M

Giaccomo Puccini: Che gelida manina (La Bohème)
Jussi Bjoerling, tenor
Sir Thomas Beecham, dir
RCA Victor Symphony
EMI Classics - CDCB 56236-2

Hector Berlioz: Le spectre de la rose (Les nuits d'été)
Linda Maguire, mezzo-soprano
Mario Bernardi, dir.
CBC Vancouver Orchestra
CBC Records SMCD5137

--

Happy Valentine's Day.

Wah Keung Chan
La Scena Musicale
http://www.scena.org
--

Send a free musical valentine e-card with classical music choosen
from our Top 10 Musical Valentines.

Envoyez une message musicale de Saint-Valentine.
http://www.scena.org/icard/icard.asp?lan=1

--
** La Scena Musicale **
5409 Waverly, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2T 2X8

Web: http://www.scena.org
* 4 stars - Special Issue "The Best of the Net", Le Monde
* 4 étoiles - Cahier "Le meilleur du net", Le Monde
* Selected 3rd best music website by Chamber Music Magazine.
* Jugé 3ème meilleur site web de musique par le magazine Chamber Music.
* Article in the Montreal Gazette about La Scena Musicale Online
http://www.montrealonline.com/music/pages/000617/4295823.html

______________Addresses / Adresses: _______________
Wah Keung Chan wkchan@s...
Production scena@v...