Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Feb 6, 2001  2:57 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Stroboscopy

Graham asked: "Could you see your vocal folds? I tried this once, and there
was no way to
see the vocal folds, because everything closes above the cords."

Yes, I could see my folds, and like Isabelle, I LOVE them! They're so cute.
It was a great relief to see them looking so healthy with no lesions or
lumps or bumps. I've only had laryngoscopy and endoscopy and I actually got
to watch the process through my nose and into my throat during the former
and I was having a jolly nap during the latter. My gosh, even though you
understand the structure, it's still stunning to see and feel the circuitous
route the probe takes to get from nose to throat.

Laura Sharp

emusic.com