Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Mon Feb 5, 2001  11:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Stroboscopy

> stroboscopy with me diagnostically. (There's hope
> for Albany NY yet!) Has anyone been there, done
that?

I have -- it was fun! Have you had a nose scope
before? That's a little uncomfortable, but nothing
terrible. When I had a throat scope (I think that's
what you're getting -- not sure of the name, so I
could be wrong), they spray this numbing stuff down
your throat (tastes nasty, try to avoid the tongue)
and then they put a long thin metal stick down your
throat. Concentrate very hard on keeping your throat
open, and you won't gag.

Then they asked me to sing like that (ha!). Eeee,
both high and low voice. It was attached to a
computer-screen thing, and he printed out and gave me
a photo of my cords, four different views -- open,
closed, singing high, and singing low. It is the most
beautiful picture I have; it's on the wall of my
practice room at home.

Well, I found it cool, anyway. That's the room I
generally don't invite guests into anyway. :)

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...
ibracamonte@y...

9076 Re: Stroboscopy Laura Sharp   Tue  2/6/2001   2 KB
9099 Re: Stroboscopy gsanders@b...   Tue  2/6/2001   3 KB
9103 Re: Stroboscopy Laura Sharp   Tue  2/6/2001   3 KB

emusic.com