Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Mon Feb 5, 2001  8:49 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] PED--The upper break

You can do the sirens on a lip trill... you know, Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.
You can also do them on a rolled R.
Try doing just an octave siren up and down, beginning in your middle
range.
You can do some of this work on an NG with the jaw slightly dropped and
loose, aiming the sound out of the forehead like one of those coal
miner's hats with the lights. Notice that you don't have to push it
there or tighten anything to aim it there.
Try to relax your larynx as much as possible. When I go from my mixed
voice in the middle to the chest voice, if I relax my larynx and all of
the muscles in the throat, I don't glitch. I sing a little lighter when
traveling in that area.

Gina

emusic.com