Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
"Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Sat Feb 3, 2001  5:39 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Questions?

<< I hear many singers tell me they have 4 or 5 octaves voices. Do
most singers have that many octaves or are they counting wrong?
Anyway, someone was telling me, that they're a trained singer and
that they know vocal classifications. So they said that Celine Dion
was a dramatic soprano. I really don't think she has that dark
timbre to be a dramatic soprano. Even when she does vocal exercises
that has opera overtones, she doesn't sound dramatic either. I'm
thinking this person doesn't really know what they're talking about.

Renee>>

I think this person doesn't know what they're talking about either. In
fact, if this person said the light was red and it was okay to walk across
the street, I'd double check.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com