Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 2, 2001  6:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Questions?

In a message dated 02/02/2001 12:01:13 PM Central Standard Time,
Greypins@a... writes:
Greypins@a... writes:

<< i remember seeing a roundtable discussion which included maureen
mcgovern and beverly sills. at one point, mcgovern was talking about her 4
or 5 octave range and then, five minutes later, was talking about how a
conductor had to lower some of the songs in 'three penny opera' because they
were to high for her. the look on sills' face was priceless. >>

well, I have MM's Gershwin CD and she has a high G above high C on the riff
she does in the middle of "By Strauss" (she's interpolated the FLEDERMAUS
waltz) and I was pretty amazed. Don't know just when that recording was
made, though.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8988 Maureen McGovern thomas mark montgomery   Fri  2/2/2001   3 KB

emusic.com