Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Shuff@c...
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  9:55 pm
Subject:  Re: What's in a name?

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes <vocalist-temporary@y..., Karen Mercedes < and Nathalie
> >Stutzmann. Has the moniker "Contralto" hurt their careers?

Just a little note about Ewa Podles - I saw her perform here in my
home town live in the fall. I felt that the sound was VERY
artificially produced - way back in the throat - and she had a lot of
trouble with diction, as a result. I wondered to myself how this
woman has garnered so much attention - but I think it's the novelty
factor - you just don't hear women make sounds like that (like a man)
very often. It is NOT a beautiful or desirable sound, to my ear.....

Sarah
Another singer in the hyphen area

emusic.com