Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  3:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Hello list, and advice sought re: Lucia

Poor Edgardo! He has what in other circumstances would be a great scene
with a great aria, but it comes *after* the mad scene - which, if well
done, is *very* hard to follow. In the production I saw in Winnipeg a few
years ago the mad scene was so affecting that everything that followed was
like watching people waiting for a bus. john

At 03:24 AM 1/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>So what I'd really like to know is: how does the part of Edgardo measure up
>to the other tenor leads in my very limited frame of reference, in terms of
>drama, amount of work involved, tessitura, and so on?
...>Nicktenor.

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8928 Re: Hello list, and advice sought re: Lucia sjdr9523@y...   Tue  1/30/2001   2 KB
8930 Re: Hello list, and advice sought re: Lucia John Alexander Blyth   Tue  1/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com