Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Tue Jan 30, 2001  3:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] diction: how many vowel

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:32:02
John Alexander Blyth wrote:
>I've been taught the basic five vowels, but I personally modify them >and add
my versions of the other two and the German vowels in >vocalising. I find the
dirty in-between vowels to be very useful in >exploring resonance
possibilities, though I've been advised to >really enunciate the differences
between vowels in Italian >repertoire, and this is really helpful.
I'm not taking into consideration the "dirty in-between" vowels, they are
another further (and interesting) matter.
I was talking about /E/ and /o/, two vowels regularly used in singed texts, two
vowels to be really enunciated.

>Thanks, Vale, for your perspective on the vagaries of your language.
>There's not much I can add, except perhaps to mention that the open >vowel
before a double consonant is a characteristic of English
Interesting! Glad to know!

bye

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

emusic.com