Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 29, 2001  2:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: diction (e and o)

> If you are looking up a verb in any other than its
> infinitive form you will
> not find it in most foreign language-to-English
> dictionaries.

Sigh, unfortunately this is true. Except for my
wonderful Oxford-Duden German-English Dictionary,
which does include non-infinitive forms (e.g. look up
"bin" and it tells you it is the 1st person singular
present tense of "sein"), my other foreign language
dictionaries only have infinitive forms.

> However, many dictionaries do have charts of the
> various form of the most
> common verbs. You can also buy books of verbs and
> their various forms such
> as "500 Italian Verbs".

I think a trip to the bookstore is in order. Thanks
for the suggestion!

Jennifer