Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Sun Jan 28, 2001  2:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Help with an opera

GWendel, a basic book in any opera lover's library is the New Kobbe's
Opera Book, written by the Earl of Harewood and Antony Peattie and published
by Putnam in 1997. You should be able to find a copy at any serious bookstore.
It includes over 500 opera synopses and will run you around $70.

Best,

Mark Montgomery

> I need some help with an opera, please. My teacher gave me the arias for
> the role of Grimwald in Handel's "Rodelinda" to look at. Can someone
> please tell me a little about this opera and the role, or where I can look
> it up? It's not listed in the Aria Database website and none of my few
> books on opera list it except as one of Handel's many works.

emusic.com