Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@i...>
Michael Eckford <michaelb@i...>
Date:  Sat Jan 27, 2001  8:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] singing at own wedding?

Stephanie Franklin wrote:

> (I'm so excited about this, and want to get it right)...

Hello Stephanie,

For what this is worth, it occurs to me that a wedding is essentially a
spiritual kind of thing - there are not necessarily any right or wrong
answers...

While a wedding may include aspects of performance, which you and your partner
may or may not choose to do, a wedding is essentially an expression of your
spiritual selves, however that spirituality manifests itself - It may or may
not involve the following of rules imposed by others, as long as you would be
in accord with such rules...

As a singer, it occurs to me that my voice is so interconnected with my
spiritual self, that if I were ever to marry, to be fully present at my own
wedding, I would want my voice to show up somehow...:o)

Trust the universe and trust that an informed decision that truly comes from
you is the "right" one...

Just a few random abstract thoughts...

Blessings.

Michael